Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 6, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 


I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
I will link up when she posts.

The weather . . .

Today high is 54 degrees, but all week we'll mostly be in the 40's and more rain possibly today.


As I look outside my window . . .

Somewhat cloudy.


Right now I am. . .

Making coffee.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Trying to make plans on when and what we need from the hardware store - flooring, trim, supplies for the chicken coop, hallway flooring etc.


On my TV today . . .

Nothing.


Listening to . . .

Possibly country later today.


On my lunch plate . . .

Have no idea yet.


On my dinner plate . . .

Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Home canned tomato basil soup.


On the menu . . .

I will be working on this early today.  The only down fall on going away for the weekend, but I did wash the bedding and had the bed made before we left, so that is off the to-do list this week.

What I have so far:

Breakfast:  Fritatta, Sweet potato egg cups

Dinners:

-crock pot pork chops, oven roasted veggies
-Enchilada soup
-leftovers


On my reading pile . . .

Honestly, nothing this week.


On the to-do list . . .

-dust
-laundry
-bake a breakfast
-purge bedroom/bedroom walk-in closet
-unload dishwasher
-take trash out to the road
-spray flooring upstairs
-meal plan for the week

Plans for this week . . .

Purge walk-in closet/master bedroom and move items off the carpet.


What I am creating . . .

Still crocheting our blanket, and worked on a set of unfinished pot holders over the weekend.


My simple pleasure . . .

Taking a spontaneous road trip, which we did.


Looking around the house . . .

The living room is filling up with more yarn I need to store upstairs.


From the camera . . .

Pig butter dish at one antique store, that my husband insisted we get (ha ha!).

A few more mini hen and nest dishes.

My husband picked this out (oil lamp) at an antique store.


New trivet for one oil lamp, but I think I will get another one on our next road trip.  We came home pretty relaxed, and glad we spontaneously took off for the weekend.  It was opening day for the Amish flea market, and I wanted more cup coasters for the living room (forgot to show photos of that).

Bible Verse, Devotional . . .



6 comments:

Jean said...

A spontaneous road trip sounds wonderful. Glad you were able to go on one. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Debi said...

Sometimes you just need to get away! So glad you had a relaxing time. I love the pig butter dish! Have a great week!

Luludou said...

An Amish market? must be nice to see. I need a spontaneous trip too! Your husband was right... I LOVE the pig butter dish. wish I could find one like that.
Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jean

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Debi

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Luludou