Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Few of my Favorite Things . . .

 

By "few" in this post, I really do mean a few.  There isn't much going on, as it is winter.  We got more snow last night too.  I managed to box up a bookshelf, dust it off and move it all out of the bedroom.  

I found books to a series I donated, and books to a series I am reading.  I really should just start using the library again ha ha!

I got after my husband for his willy nilly decisions/plans for the bedroom.  First, the best time to paint is when the carpet is out, and before flooring goes down.  He is really driving me nuts, so I just try to stick to the fact everything has to be moved out to get that stinky 14 plus year old carpet out.  The  one thing we have to figure out is where to sleep for a few days if we can't just slide the bed back and forth as the work is done.  We'll figure it out.

Although we dropped off donations, I now have more, and it just gets easier as we do this extreme clean.


I purchased a deep fryer strainer (not sure what the proper name of this is) to blanch vegetables with.  I can easily strain off the hot water, and place the entire basket into my ice bath, then drain and freeze.  It makes my life much easier.


I love this chef's knife, but wish I had an 8 inch one as well.  It is a 10 inch Victorinox chef's knife.  It's on the wish list for now.  The 8 inch sells for $50 some dollars right now.  I'm hoping the prices drop.  This knife works the best for slicing up harder squash like spaghetti squash, pumpkins, and butternut.

2 comments:

Carol said...

It does seem to get easier to get rid of things when you are doing it for a bit. why do men just not get their noses to the grindstone and do things as we do.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, I have such a hard time getting rid of books, but not anymore ha ha!