Skip to main content

This and That

 I'm still freezing jalapenos.  I got one tray done yesterday, but got very side tracked.  I had our handy man here working on the camper water heater, Daughter K was coming over to pick up some things, and I spent most of the day emptying out our breakfast bar (in the living room). 

I was thankful Daughter K came over with her boyfriend.  They took a few things off my hands that we did not need/use.  

The Florida weather situation, has our weather wacky.  Yesterday we had a sudden rain storm, that came with hail.  Praying for all in Florida right now, as we have family in FL, and in GA.

I think I am the only one I've talked to, that has refrained from turning on the heat.  It's definitely been chilly at night.

I feel like this is the time of year where so much needs to be done, but I think it's because we have to do the repairs as well.  I still have a still of "stock it up" to check off in all the midst of everything else.

In clearing the living room (where everything from the kitchen ended up for that project), I found two boxes that had stuff from my computer area.  Sigh...how in the world did I have that much "stuff" in that area? It's on the to-do list.

I am not sure if I will freeze pie crust crumbles this year.  We don't eat a pie ourselves, and have way less get togethers.  Not sure I will need them.  I may cut the recipe in half and do a portion.  I'm just not sure yet.

Comments

My Florida family seems to be missing the storm. But we are getting wind and tonight temperture in 50.
Lisa, last I heard from my cousin, was they were okay, but winds will get worse.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart