Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

New Cookbook and chit chat

 

A new to me (used) cookbook, because I clearly only know how to cook for an army.  Hope it helps teach me to small batch cook.  I am so used to cooking largely, that we get way too many leftovers.

Tomato plants and stakes are all out and stored.  I have more to yank in other areas, but wanted to get some more work done in the living room.

I emptied and moved a bookshelf out of the living room, to another room for now.  That job took some time. 

I had to make a breakfast as well, which ended up being French toast, sausage patties and scrambled eggs.  We should be good for a few days.  I had to pre-set the coffee, and pack my husband's meals and fruit.  He's still getting up very early.

I found out our local school is taking donations for a fundraiser.  I have boxes of stuff that can go (rummage donations), and I have someone coming to pick up 3 serving trays I no longer use.  So happy to get more out, but more furniture needs moved.  


Remember the pickled carrots I grated and pickled?  We added them to tacos last week and they were very good on them.  We also grilled burgers last night and put the carrots on that (husband's idea).


No comments: