Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, August 19, 2022

Pickled Jalapenos ~ Freezing Jalapenos ~ Color Wheel


New recipe this year - pickled/canned jalapenos.  It not only eliminates the sugar, but the high priced pectin I use for cowboy candy.  I am sure we'll like it, and it cans so quickly.

I also froze a large pan of sliced jalapenos for meals over winter.  Tomatoes are slow to turn all at once.  Sort of frustrating, so I brought some in to turn red inside.  We'll see what gets canned next.


I finally bought myself a color wheel.  It will come in handy crocheting blankets to use up some yarn stash.


2 comments:

Carla said...

I'm in mid Michigan and our recent weather has been delightful - high 70s, low 80s and low humidity - but my tomatoes have been slow to ripen too. I think if we got a week of hot weather, they would take off.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carla, we've had some nice weather lately too.