Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 15, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

We took advantage of a rainy day, and got work done inside Sunday.  I guess we'll be looking at new kitchen faucets soon.  We took it apart, blew air threw the lines, soaked parts in CLR, and we still have no water pressure in the kitchen faucet.  Sprayer works great, but not the faucet.

We finally installed the new kitchen island light.  It's been sitting in the garage for two months.  It was a lot of work, as we had to move the wires from one area to another, cut a new hole, etc.  I'll have to wait for him to patch the old hole before I can paint, but I love it.  The old light never matched the kitchen and never turned on.  It had those long florescent bulbs an looked like it was installed as a used light. Anyway, it's up and my kitchen is bright!


Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  I'll link later after she posts.  My morning is a busy one today.

The weather . . .

....in the 80's all week, but once again a rainy weekend ahead.


As I look outside my window . . .





Morning doves are pretty noisy this morning, and our hummingbird is busy with our flowering bushes.  There is a layer of fog out there, and it's a bit warmer than the weekend was.


Right now I am . . .

Brewing coffee.


Thinking and pondering . . .

Possible camping trip.  I'll be working on that soon.


How I am feeling . . .

Tired, but ready to tackle the day.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Coffee and toast until I get a casserole baked.


What I am wearing . . .

T-shirt, sweatpants and slippers.


On the reading pile  . . .

My canning recipes.  Just checking to make sure I have all the ingredients.


On my TV this week . . .

Anything that looks good.


On the menu . . .

-Fajitas, baked bell pepper fries
-BBQ chicken, green beans
-leftovers

Looking around the house . . .

I'll be working in the living room, so we can get that project started next.


To do list for the week . . .

-clean kitchen
-check garden
-bake a breakfast
-order new keyfobs for the truck
-shampoo carpet upstairs
-put trash out
-run dishwasher
-laundry

From the camera . . .


Here are the cute wine glasses with lemons on them I found.  They match the lemonade wine cocktail bottles, and everything is citrus themed in the silent auction basket I put together.


Devotional/prayers . . .

Prayers for 6 puppies that were picked up by a rescue transit company in TX.  After one person dropped them off to another transit company, they were lost (last co. says they are all dead), but prayers they find them.  Also, there are 18 people in the county we live in, that have E. coli.  They have not found the source yet.



 

3 comments:

Luludou said...

Nice 'lemon' basket! I would definitaly bid on that.
Love the new lights! wow.
Have a great week

Mandy said...

Love the new kitchen light! Very beautiful!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Luludou and Mandy