Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Play Day!

 It's a no picture post today.  Saturday we took off on the motorcycle for a ride.  We first went out for breakfast, followed by scheduled hair cuts with Daughter E.  I also got a treatment and french braids.

Shortly after that however, rain arrived (when it wasn't supposed to until evening).

It changed our plans, so we hopped in the truck, took another load of donations and dropped them off, picked up a big bag of meal worms for the ladies (chickens), and I picked up some very cute wine glasses to go into a silent auction basket I am donating.  I'll get a photo hopefully to share.  

I can't say the entire day was "fun" but we were not working in the garden or the house either.  It was nice to have a day off, so it's back to work in the house today.

The rain is still falling, but a slow and steady kind.   The garden will love it, but the weeds will double.

First thing this morning - clean my kitchen.  It's a bit out of control again, plus I am bringing in paste tomatoes, so canning will resume this next week.  Hubby will take apart my kitchen faucet and see what's going on with it.  We still have almost no water pressure ever since the water was turned off to repair the bathroom.

Well, at least I can cross "hair cut" off the to-do list and get back to it.

No comments: