Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 17, 2021

Frivolity from the Farm House

 

I think I started this baby blanket over 5 or more years ago.  I'm just happy I left the hook in the project basket, along with the pattern book.  I however, have no idea why I started it.  It will take many days to finish it.  I have decided, that once it's done, I will keep it for future grandkids.  There will be a lot of work on this one.  It's a crib size blanket and 125 rows and a small hook.  I guess the advantage of staying off my feet, is getting some old, long time projects done.

I am very much enjoying my foot soaks.  Hubby came home from work, filled my tub and I soaked while he made walleye for dinner.  Tonight it's all leftovers.

Our weather was absolutely miserable yesterday.  Rain, clouds, wind and more rain.  I spent a good portion of the day watching Christmas movies on netflix.  The last one I watched was California Christmas City Lights (2nd movie to the first California Christmas).  It was very good.

I may or may not have put a scoop of homemade hot cocoa and a splash of  peppermint schnapps in my mid-afternoon coffee.  Hey, everyone needs a pick-me-up once in a while.

I seriously think my chickens miss me.  They have not laid eggs since this boot has been put on my foot, and I haven't been able to go to the coop.

I considered cleaning the walk-in shower, and quickly decided that was not happening until the boot comes off.  All I need is to slip on water and boom.  It can wait.

Nothing exciting to share ha ha!  I have 90% of my garden seeds ordered (other than from what I saved).  I still need to order some for the herb garden, but otherwise set for that.  I ordered a picture frame for our upcoming anniversary.  I found a few older 4 x6 photos that I want to put in a farm house style frame.  I hated to order online, but hey things happen.  I just hope it gets here by then.  Oh, I ordered my pepper scoop.  It's not only USA made, but handmade by an artisan.  It was sort of expensive, but I'm told their best seller.  I will share it when it arrives.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like the chickens are on strike for as long as you are off your feet. I am having another foot surgery in January and I must say that I am not looking forward to being non weight bearing again. I hate it and then I will also get that lovely boot!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, I have to admit, although heavy the boot has really help speed up recovery.