Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, April 5, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday



Saturday I got these two made and really spent the day on the porch after that.  It was somewhat nice out, sun was shining, and my husband and I played cards on the porch.  First day off work in 2 weeks.

Easter Sunday we finished up the rest of the feast, played more cards, and took off on the Harley and delivered my Mom an Easter meal.  My husband helped cook on Sunday. It was absolutely perfect riding weather.  Just what the both of us needed.

Instead of the usual green bean casserole, I made BBQ green beans, using home grown green beans and home canned ketchup.  So good!

Work called my husband Easter Sunday.  He, thankfully, did not answer the call.



                                                    


Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  I will link up when she posts.  I have tons of dishes to wash, laundry to start, etc etc.


The weather outside is . . .

69°F/54°F, rain rolls in today.


How I am feeling this morning . . .

Is it possible to feel rested and exhausted at the same time?  That's me today.  Rested that I got time with my husband and had a great weekend, but exhausted from washing dishes. 


On the breakfast plate . . .

Leftover breakfast.


On my reading pile . . .

Nothing right now.


On my TV . . .

Nothing in particular.


On the menu this week . . .

-leftovers

-leftovers (maybe)

-possibly a new recipe to try 


Looking around the house . . .


I brought in more daffodils on this gloomy day.  It's definitely looking like rain today.


Well, I think it's time to make a trip to Goodwill this week.  Tired of walking around the boxes.


To relax this week I will . . .

Alone time on the porch.  Maybe crochet.  Maybe even do some journaling.


Something I want to share . . .

Oddly, nothing today.  It's been a busy week.


Prayers . . .

For House Bill 202 in Ohio to pass and quickly pass (lifts mask mandate and prevents the Gov. from mandating it ever again). Our country.



7 comments:

Luludou said...

I am reading your post and feel it is like bliss... sitting on the porch playing cards! will schedule that in this summer.

Have a great week

Sherri said...

I hope your governor lifts the mask mandate for your state, faith in God, not man.

Sherri said...

I hope your governor lifts the mask mandate, faith in God, not man.

Jean said...

Beautiful daffodils! Keep thinking I need to bring a few of mine in and put in a vase to enjoy inside as well as outside. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, we love the porch and playing cards

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sherri

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean