Skip to main content

Pizza Sauce and other tidbits

I got 25# of tomatoes off my tables, but went out and picked more, bringing 22.5# more back in.


Pizza sauce is restocked now.



Somehow, in all that work of canning, I put chili in the crock pot for dinner, but did not have the time or energy to make my delicious buttermilk cornbread.


I made this spread the other day, and haven't made it since we had dairy goats I think.  The recipe is on my blog:  Easy Layered Dip.


This was at our local area Meijer the other day.  I sent it to a friend who was looking for wide mouth quart jars.  They also had other sizes, but no lids.




My indoor rosemary plant got a new pot.  My cilantro did as well, but you don't a picture of that one.  I sort of neglected it, so hopefully, it will spring back having been re-potted for winter.

I haven't had any time to do handiwork.  Hopefully soon, as the garden is starting to slow down a bit.  I brought in another dozen bell peppers, another 2# of jalapenos, a few ounces of hot banana peppers as well.

Comments

Goatldi said…
What variety of Rosemary is that?

I can’t tell from enlargement as it isn’t crisp but it doesn’t look like any I have had over the years .
RB said…
My those tomatoes are beautiful, and so are the sauces and chili you made. I've been under the weather for about 3 weeks, so I crock potted a batch of chicken soup. It was wonderful. Now I want more. LOL
Other than that, we've been watching the fires in the west and the storms in the Atlantic.
Prayers for all in their paths and for all emergency workers, for all who have lost all, for all who lost their lives and for all wildlife and farm animals too.
God bless all.
RB
<><
Goatldi, I honestly don't know. I replanted it and can't remember.
RB, I have a cousin out in CA and she posted prior to the fires the temps were over 115°F out there and they were being evacuated.
Cockeyed Jo said…
I've got my two cases of salsa done and still canning tomato sauce. I need an extra bushel of tomatoes to finish up.
Cockeyed Jo, my tomatoes are starting to wind down, but I still have more in my kitchen to put up. Trying to decide if I want salsa or crushed tomatoes. I guess I'll be weighing them soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart