My sauce maker is in full swing right now. I restocked our tomato soup. It's so good too. The photo makes the jars look weird, but it's just that I took the photo when it was dark out. The recipe is in the Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications - Canning, Preserving+Freezing and drying issue.
The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with. I made a salad and cleaned the beans. The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so. The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract. It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling. I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time. Update soon. Chit Chat © August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart



Comments
Have you started any new needlework projects? Do you feel Fall coming on up there? Have you done any Leaf Peepin' or is it too early yet? It's a bit to early for Leaf Peepin' here, but maybe next month.
The fires in California and Oregon have been heavy on my heart tonight. Been praying for the firefighters, those fleeing, those who have lost everything, those who lost their lives and the wildlife and farm animals too. It's just terrible. Lord please bring them what they need, be it rain or snow or more help, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
Have a great week, and a safe one too.
God bless you.
RB
<><