Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, June 11, 2020

It Arrived! ~ Restocked Lip Balm ~ Woodpecker ~ Feverfew

Finally!  After 2 1/2 months, my pressure canner has arrived.  We are still waiting on about 3-4 more orders from months ago.


I accidentally made the first batch Calendula (because I was reading my recipe.  I re-wrote it now, so I reads "Lemon Balm Oil" as well.  I have to put the lemon balm in tubes, so I can take them on motorcycle rides.  The slide trays work at home though.  Not sure where I got my recipe.



\Red bellied woodpecker?

My feverfew bloomed for the first time ever!

We got a 10 minute rain storm late evening.  Thankful for the rain.  However, all day they kept saying an all night threatening storm.  I stripped my porch, took hanging pots down etc.  Now I have to put it all back.  All for 10 minutes of rain.  No 70mph winds they kept saying we'd have.  Oh, and no tornadoes.

11 comments:

Faith said...

Waiting on my Calendula slow growing from seed. We had a doozy rain, lots of lightening and high winds here, and a rainbow to follow. I have to post those pictures. Cooled it down real nice.

Faith said...

I have something which looks like feverfew on the side of the house. I didn't plant feverfew...going to take a picture so I can try to figure out what I have. What do you use it for?

Tracy dixon said...

That bird is a Northern Flicker. We have recently seen some in our yard.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith our garden got a good soaking. I grow feverfew for tea for one daughter who gets headaches, but it has other medicinal values like for reducing a fever.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Tracy!

Wildflower Adventures said...

Same here with those winds. Covered the garden 2 times to protect from hail & such & then barely got enough rain to wet the ground, though the storm did hit farther south. We protect our plants like they are our babies....LOL!!

Leigh said...

Congrats on the arrival of the pressure canner! Were you getting worried it might never show? Lovely feverfew.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, I was worried it was not going to arrive. Direct from the company they were sold out, and I snagged it from Amazon (same price)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wildflower Adventures. You are right about the plants, lol!

Cockeyed Jo said...

I've drooled over that canner for years. Alas, I can't use it. I can do the alternating toggles with one hand. Have fun with yours for me.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo