Skip to main content

Lemon Balm Popsicles ~ Rain

I made some lemon balm popsicles for when I get out of the garden all hot and sweaty.  They are so refreshing after becoming exhausted in the heat.  Recipe is online from Edible Wild Food.

Friday we had rain, and it was told it would be heavy at times.   It was not.  We got rain, but not really enough. It was nice to have a change in my routine and get some indoor stuff done.  Not to mention free time to play with the yarn.

It's perfect camping weather here this weekend.  To bad we can't go camping.  It's beautiful, but too cold at night for tomatoes and other plants.  The peas will love it.  Thankfully, I do not have my other plants in the ground yet.  We are to have cooler nights over the next 3 nights (40's, and it can stunt their growth).

Yesterday morning I watched 2 coyotes in the wood across from our place, and this morning we watched deer crossing the road in two places.  

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Those popsicles look good! I have all kinds of lemon balm too.
Rebecca Knox said…
Thanks for sharing the lemon balm popsicle recipe, Kristin. I have lots of lemon balm and lots of raw honey, so this will be a great way to use some of it! We've had a lot of rain and cool weather here, too, but I think we're moving into a dryer, warmer season starting yesterday. I love watching the wildlife. Coyotes and deer are both fun to watch. Have a great weekend! <3
Faith said…
I had some Lemon Balm planted which overwintered. I was unimpressed with it's flavor. Albeit a pretty plant.I put some Lemon Verbena in instead. We had a good rain for the gardens. Our tomatoe plants are small, I hope they come around.
Faith, our lemon balm grows like crazy every year, and I pull much of it from the ground. I haven't added Lemon Verbena to the garden just yet.
Goatldi said…
Recipe share?

Hope this coming week continues on in a positive fashion for you and yours.
Rain said…
Hi Kristina :)) Those popsicles look like they'd be very refreshing. We're having cold nights here too, but the days are nice and sunny. I don't know how much of a garden I'm going to have this year, but I'm going to try a few seeds to see!
mamasmercantile said…
Sound refreshing, just what is needed after a stint in the garden.
Goatldi, the recipe is online from Edible Wild Food
Rain, we will finally heat up today and it's a good day to garden.
Mamasmercantile, it's a nice way to cool down for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart