Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Lemon Balm Popsicles ~ Rain

I made some lemon balm popsicles for when I get out of the garden all hot and sweaty.  They are so refreshing after becoming exhausted in the heat.  Recipe is online from Edible Wild Food.

Friday we had rain, and it was told it would be heavy at times.   It was not.  We got rain, but not really enough. It was nice to have a change in my routine and get some indoor stuff done.  Not to mention free time to play with the yarn.

It's perfect camping weather here this weekend.  To bad we can't go camping.  It's beautiful, but too cold at night for tomatoes and other plants.  The peas will love it.  Thankfully, I do not have my other plants in the ground yet.  We are to have cooler nights over the next 3 nights (40's, and it can stunt their growth).

Yesterday morning I watched 2 coyotes in the wood across from our place, and this morning we watched deer crossing the road in two places.  

12 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Those popsicles look good! I have all kinds of lemon balm too.

Rebecca Knox said...

Thanks for sharing the lemon balm popsicle recipe, Kristin. I have lots of lemon balm and lots of raw honey, so this will be a great way to use some of it! We've had a lot of rain and cool weather here, too, but I think we're moving into a dryer, warmer season starting yesterday. I love watching the wildlife. Coyotes and deer are both fun to watch. Have a great weekend! <3

Faith said...

I had some Lemon Balm planted which overwintered. I was unimpressed with it's flavor. Albeit a pretty plant.I put some Lemon Verbena in instead. We had a good rain for the gardens. Our tomatoe plants are small, I hope they come around.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rebecca, you are welcome

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, our lemon balm grows like crazy every year, and I pull much of it from the ground. I haven't added Lemon Verbena to the garden just yet.

Goatldi said...

Recipe share?

Hope this coming week continues on in a positive fashion for you and yours.

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :)) Those popsicles look like they'd be very refreshing. We're having cold nights here too, but the days are nice and sunny. I don't know how much of a garden I'm going to have this year, but I'm going to try a few seeds to see!

mamasmercantile said...

Sound refreshing, just what is needed after a stint in the garden.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, the recipe is online from Edible Wild Food

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, we will finally heat up today and it's a good day to garden.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mamasmercantile, it's a nice way to cool down for sure.