Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, April 30, 2020

How to dehydrate Garlic and make Minced Garlic


Peel several cloves of garlic.  You will need a garlic mincer to do this.


Line the dehydrator trays with parchment paper.


Using the garlic mincer, mince the garlic onto the parchment paper.  I use the tip of a knife to spread the garlic out.

Using the directions in your dehydrator guide book, dehydrate the minced garlic until crisp.  Once done, simply scrap the dried garlic off and store in an airtight glass jar.


The color will change as it dries.

Note:  I use this in my canned cowboy candy and any recipe that calls for minced (dry) garlic.

4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Great tip! I use a lot of garlic and I have had my mohter's garlic 'mincer' for years....it's got to be at least 50 years old.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, I looked into a hand slicer, but the reviews were bad. I still do the slicing for ground garlic by hand. Love our garlic too.

R's Rue said...

I need to try this. Thank you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are welcome R's Rue