Skip to main content

Weather ~ Romeo ~ New Recipe

If it wasn't for this weather, we'd be popping up the camper and roasting weenies over a campfire.  Literally.


 Romeo has free range of the entire house now.  He is loving it.  He can see out all the doors and windows and is a wonderful watch dog.  He came and joined me during my 2pm crochet hour yesterday.  He just melts my heart with love.  And yes, those are Christmas socks on my feet.

Speaking of being a good watch dog, (sorry if I already told you this), a car pulled in, honked his horn and rolled down his window.  He wanted to know where the lady lives that repairs boat covers.  I had a word for this guy, and it wasn't nice.  Anyway, Romeo is always watching out for us.



He later stole my pillow.  He is just so full of love, and we need it right now.  So glad my Mom has her two cats, as she lives alone and has been locked up longer than we have.


Rebecca at Rebecca's Hearth and Home blogspot, shared this recipe.  I have it a try for mini ham sandwiches.




Here is a photo of how mine turned out.


Flavor?  Well, we all thought they were good.  they just don't look like the photo.


Feeling bad for our youngest right now, and seeing her so very depressed, I went online and ordered items to fill an Easter basket for her.  Praying it all arrives in time, and yes I wipe orders down and toss box/packaging.

Update: My Mom heard from our oldest daughter.  Her college of course closed, but she won't be graduating this year.  They canceled it, and I am told she is very depressed.  I now have her address, so I can send her a surprise in the mail too.  I sent Mom a long email yesterday, but will call today and just chat.  We all need to stay in touch right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart