Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Me Time ~ Finishes

Boy it felt so awesome to not have so much to clean on Monday.  I devoted some more crafting time.  Thanks to one of the girls, I am restocked with new candles too.


Finished this UFO.  I think I had it for a gift but never got around to finishing it.  It'll be in my kitchen now with Valentine's Day coming next month.  It can hang around all year though (I did the cross stitch that is in between the red flower pattern that came on the towel).







Finished the remaining sheet music Christmas Tree ornaments.   I think the blue one needs a silver bow at the top of the snowflake on it.

I have only 4 more UFO's, unless I come across more.  They'll take more time to finish, but I'm on it.

I'm thankful for leftovers tonight.  I used all items from the freezer and pantry, and made us Salmon Romanoff using MI caught Salmon (by my older brother), and a side of organic peas.  I'll dig out another veggie to go with leftover salmon romanoff tonight.

I'm not sure what I'll tackle today, but I'm sure I'll be tidying up or purging something today.  Goals!  Spring will be here before I know it.

14 comments:

Faith said...

I like to make things which we can enjoy for another supper. It frees up time for me to crochet ( aka move my hook ). It's a cold one this morning here in NE Ohio. 29. brr. Enjoy your day. Your towel is pretty. Getting UFO done is a freeing thing isn't it.?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my gosh yes, Faith! I found a baby blanket I started so many years ago, and it was buried in my closet. I will have to list my UFO's soon, so I can keep on track. Stay warm! It's on the chilly side here too.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful towel a wonderful addition. Soup and a sandwich for us today we are at risk of no power due to a storm.

Susan said...

Wow! You are on a roll, Kristina! At this rate, you will be prepared for two Christmases and a couple of craft shows by spring!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, soup and sandwich actually sounds good.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, ha! Let's hope so. I'm trying to squeeze in crafting time and still purge and organize. I know I will have a ton of work with re-doing my herb garden and rose bed this spring. I'm not looking forward to either, but the outcome will be worth if. I am just trying to get ahead, so I'm not so overwhelmed when I have a good day to work outside. I want to come in, to a tidy and clean house too.

Theresa Y said...

I'm new to cross stitching. Would you tell me how you found the center on yor towel to start your design? It's lovely.

Goatldi said...

Good for you! Are you willing to sell the musical note ornaments?.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Theresa Y, I found the center heart portion of the pattern in a library book - "Our Best 200 Holiday Quickies, by Leisure Arts. And thank you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, yes, $5 each plus shipping. I try to ship flat rate. I have an email on this blog to email me.

Faith said...

Have coffee with you most mornings...I see you are an early riser, and you've already posted by the time I settle in with my coffee...The early bird....what does it get....TIRED :)

RB said...

It all looks so nice. I especially like the towel. You should get much joy out of having it in your kitchen.
I think I'm turning the corner on this cold thing. The doc said it was a COPD flare up, but the symptoms don't match that. They match a cold or the flu. Anyway, I feel like I'm much better today. Thank God!!!
I pray everyone has a great Wednesday, and a safe one too.
Love you all.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, ha ha! I know. I went to bed at 8pm.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, so glad to hear you are doing better!