Skip to main content

Me Time ~ Finishes

Boy it felt so awesome to not have so much to clean on Monday.  I devoted some more crafting time.  Thanks to one of the girls, I am restocked with new candles too.


Finished this UFO.  I think I had it for a gift but never got around to finishing it.  It'll be in my kitchen now with Valentine's Day coming next month.  It can hang around all year though (I did the cross stitch that is in between the red flower pattern that came on the towel).







Finished the remaining sheet music Christmas Tree ornaments.   I think the blue one needs a silver bow at the top of the snowflake on it.

I have only 4 more UFO's, unless I come across more.  They'll take more time to finish, but I'm on it.

I'm thankful for leftovers tonight.  I used all items from the freezer and pantry, and made us Salmon Romanoff using MI caught Salmon (by my older brother), and a side of organic peas.  I'll dig out another veggie to go with leftover salmon romanoff tonight.

I'm not sure what I'll tackle today, but I'm sure I'll be tidying up or purging something today.  Goals!  Spring will be here before I know it.

Comments

Faith said…
I like to make things which we can enjoy for another supper. It frees up time for me to crochet ( aka move my hook ). It's a cold one this morning here in NE Ohio. 29. brr. Enjoy your day. Your towel is pretty. Getting UFO done is a freeing thing isn't it.?
Oh my gosh yes, Faith! I found a baby blanket I started so many years ago, and it was buried in my closet. I will have to list my UFO's soon, so I can keep on track. Stay warm! It's on the chilly side here too.
mamasmercantile said…
Such a beautiful towel a wonderful addition. Soup and a sandwich for us today we are at risk of no power due to a storm.
Susan said…
Wow! You are on a roll, Kristina! At this rate, you will be prepared for two Christmases and a couple of craft shows by spring!
mamasmercantile, soup and sandwich actually sounds good.
Susan, ha! Let's hope so. I'm trying to squeeze in crafting time and still purge and organize. I know I will have a ton of work with re-doing my herb garden and rose bed this spring. I'm not looking forward to either, but the outcome will be worth if. I am just trying to get ahead, so I'm not so overwhelmed when I have a good day to work outside. I want to come in, to a tidy and clean house too.
Theresa Y said…
I'm new to cross stitching. Would you tell me how you found the center on yor towel to start your design? It's lovely.
Goatldi said…
Good for you! Are you willing to sell the musical note ornaments?.
Theresa Y, I found the center heart portion of the pattern in a library book - "Our Best 200 Holiday Quickies, by Leisure Arts. And thank you!
Goatldi, yes, $5 each plus shipping. I try to ship flat rate. I have an email on this blog to email me.
Faith said…
Have coffee with you most mornings...I see you are an early riser, and you've already posted by the time I settle in with my coffee...The early bird....what does it get....TIRED :)
RB said…
It all looks so nice. I especially like the towel. You should get much joy out of having it in your kitchen.
I think I'm turning the corner on this cold thing. The doc said it was a COPD flare up, but the symptoms don't match that. They match a cold or the flu. Anyway, I feel like I'm much better today. Thank God!!!
I pray everyone has a great Wednesday, and a safe one too.
Love you all.
God bless.
RB
<><
Faith, ha ha! I know. I went to bed at 8pm.
RB, so glad to hear you are doing better!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart