Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, December 23, 2019

Warm Weather ~ Birthday ~ Goals ~ Eggs

We had weather in the lower 50's and the laundry went out on the line.  Felt so good to do that too.

Our youngest child turns 18 today.  Sigh....it's gonna be so strange when she moves out, so I'm not even thinking about that right now.

My goals are being set and I am so ready to complete them this winter.  #1 is get all my crafts restocked by the end of Feb. this year (for next year's show).

#2 is clean out and reorganize the garage

#3 is clean out the utility room and organize

#4 clean and re organize the bedroom closet, which involves organizing my patterns into binders, more purging and organizing yarn and craft supplies.

#5 is to be determined.

Hubby's goals are to buy wood and repair wall where we cut it out last winter to fix cracked pipes, to install an electrical outlet in the kitchen (or not, depending on if it can easily be done).


I'm super excited!  The ladies are laying again, after several long months and a coop burglar to deal with.  You have no idea how happy this makes me.  Woohoo!


Finished this set of hot pads for an order.  It's been over a week, and the check has not arrived.  It'll be interesting if these go back into my craft tote or not.  


8 comments:

Carol said...

I have not checked to see if my hens are laying or not but with the warm weather they might be. I have set some goals for the new year as well. I am starting to plan my Christmas activities for next year already as I missed so much this year.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, same here. I had all sorts of gifting ideas, plans etc. I did very little this year. I have a binder put together for next year.

Susan said...

An egg! Lucky you! Mine are permanently on strike, it seems. I actually had to buy eggs. Like you, I am making a list for the new year. I'm trying to keep it from going onto two pages, though, or it will go the way of my resolutions..LOL!

Rain said...

Yay for the egg-laying ladies!!! :) Merry Christmas Kristina, all the best to you and your hubby! :) xx

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I have been so tired of spending money on eggs, so we are thrilled.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Merry Christmas to you Rain !

Goatldi said...

Congrats on the egg, the list and the 18 year old. Have a Merry Christmas and breath!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Goatldi. Merry Christmas to you too.