Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits

I've put together 8 sets of crocheted items, with a bit of savings, for the craft show.  I will post any that do not sell Saturday, on my Rooster's Crow Farm Blogspot.

I'm still being haunted by the mouse.  It ate the peanut butter off the trap, and didn't even set it off.  Grr.  The glory of living in the country, and a lazy house cat.  

We will be going to yet another funeral this week.   Or at least visitation.  The mother to my friend (we were best friends in jr and high school together), passed away at the age of 86.

It snowed yesterday.  In the midst of rain too.  Not sure what today will bring yet.  I was up at 4am, so I stoked the fire and put on a put of coffee.

Oddly, this is a short and picture-less post today.  I have many things that need made like homemade lotions, but it'll all have to wait until next week.  


6 comments:

Carol said...

My father in law swears that you use canned cheese, like Cheez Whiz, on mouse traps. He does and it seems to work for him. I never had luck with cheese, but it might be worth a try.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Carol, I may give that a try if he gets the peanut butter off this trap again. Urgh.

Sam I Am...... said...

I have 2 cats but they are well fed so I have exterminators that come and set bait traps so I don't have to mess with it. Mice are germy and they can chew on your wiring and start a fire. They are nothing to mess with! It is never just one mouse either! Good luck!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, I have baited my own traps, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Lady Locust said...

We noticed the newer traps needed to be modified so that they would spring. Rotten little beggers - then got 3 in less than 48hrs. I don't mind them in the field, don't want them in my pantry! Good luck.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust, I'll have to test them then. I know one works with little movement.