Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

I've put together 8 sets of crocheted items, with a bit of savings, for the craft show.  I will post any that do not sell Saturday, on my Rooster's Crow Farm Blogspot.

I'm still being haunted by the mouse.  It ate the peanut butter off the trap, and didn't even set it off.  Grr.  The glory of living in the country, and a lazy house cat.  

We will be going to yet another funeral this week.   Or at least visitation.  The mother to my friend (we were best friends in jr and high school together), passed away at the age of 86.

It snowed yesterday.  In the midst of rain too.  Not sure what today will bring yet.  I was up at 4am, so I stoked the fire and put on a put of coffee.

Oddly, this is a short and picture-less post today.  I have many things that need made like homemade lotions, but it'll all have to wait until next week.  


Comments

Carol said…
My father in law swears that you use canned cheese, like Cheez Whiz, on mouse traps. He does and it seems to work for him. I never had luck with cheese, but it might be worth a try.
Thank you Carol, I may give that a try if he gets the peanut butter off this trap again. Urgh.
Sam I Am...... said…
I have 2 cats but they are well fed so I have exterminators that come and set bait traps so I don't have to mess with it. Mice are germy and they can chew on your wiring and start a fire. They are nothing to mess with! It is never just one mouse either! Good luck!
Sam I Am, I have baited my own traps, so I'm crossing my fingers.
Lady Locust said…
We noticed the newer traps needed to be modified so that they would spring. Rotten little beggers - then got 3 in less than 48hrs. I don't mind them in the field, don't want them in my pantry! Good luck.
Lady Locust, I'll have to test them then. I know one works with little movement.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart