Skip to main content

Cluck Norris ~ Craft Show ~ Work Day

Yesterday's sunrise has some beautiful colors in it.

My rooster was still alive Friday (whew!).  I named him Cluck Norris, since he fought the predator and survived.  

The craft show is now over, and I'm up to start out Sunday work day.  

We didn't do that great this year.  First, I was in a different building (they use two).  Second, the way the had us set up the tables was so congested.  Third, we were way in the back and customers walked in and not all they way to our tables and left. I didn't sell one set, just a few things.  I'm starting to put the sets up on my other blog.

Today's to-do's:  repair the chicken coop, muck the coop, cut wood.  We are completely out, and the temps are to really dip low the early part of the week.  Then, if we get all that done, the Christmas tree goes up.

I posted the new Christmas tree ornament on my S.C.R.A.P blogspot.  I'll admit, it's not a very exciting ornament, but pretty.  I am still working on ideas for something else too.

Comments

Lady Locust said…
Sorry you didn't do well at the show. Sounds like there might be some useful suggestions for the folks running it. Lightning when booths/tables set up is also important.
Rain said…
Hi Kristina :) I had to go back a post to read about Cluck Norris - I LOVE that name btw!! Sorry to hear about the coop...have you figured out what happened?
Lady Locust, they had a great price to rent the table space, but bad location. Next year I'm going to try and get into one in a church.
Rain, the best we can figure is a raccoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart