Skip to main content

. . . .from the handiwork journal

. . . made this for myself in memory of "Little Man" and we plan to make one for his Mom too.  The girls are making one for themselves as well.  I'll switch it out for a silver chain later.



. . .finished a set of soft violet hot pads.



. . .finished a set of navy hot pads (an order).




. . . finished these dish scrubbies (an order from a friend of the family).

. . . cut some more netting for more scrubbies.  



Got all of these bracelets finished and started another one.  I have a 2 hour craft show coming up soon.

Does anyone make and sell (reasonably priced) felt needle books?  I realized when I'm traveling overnight for a retreat/vacation, I could really use one.




Comments

Rain said…
That's a beautiful pendant. :) And I really like the navy hot pads!
Leanna said…
You are so talented. I love the simplicity of the necklace. It's so sweet of you to make them for your daughter.
I don't know of any of my friends that make or sell them but I do know there are kits that you can buy to make your own on ETSY.
Debby Flowers said…
Nice work! Hope the craft show goes well for you. I will be on the look out for a felt needle book for you - they are handy nice to have in the embroidery kit.
Thanks Rain. I sold the navy set, but hope I have enough yarn to make another set soon too.
Thank you Debby. I think people who make the felt needle books should sell them at craft shows, and I've not seen them here ever.
Luludou said…
Love all your handiwork and craftiness. Those bracelets look like alot of work!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart