Skip to main content

Finished and other Tidbits


The camper ornaments are restocked.  I have 3 more I can assemble for extras if I have time too.


I finished another Harley Davidson inspired lapghan.

I have 3 snowflake dishcloths made too.

I hope to have photos soon of our Christmas trees.  I've been crocheting like a mad woman, so only about 15 ornaments made their way to the main Christmas tree.  Needless to say, the housework isn't getting done and I'm so far behind on my to-do list, ha ha!

I forgot to fetch a load of firewood last night, and Hubby came home feeling ill.  It's on top of the to-do list today. 

Daughter took my car to drive herself to the school for musical auditions, we were to drive over later to meet up for the National Honor Society Induction.  We dressed up and headed out to the truck, only to find it wouldn't start.  We had not used it since it was borrowed, so we think they put cheap gas in it.  We hope to get it running soon.  We were pretty sad we could not be there for Daughter, but she was understandable with us.

I'm so thankful I made sage tincture.  It's been a blessing for sore throats here.  It will be doubled next year, making 2 jars vs. 1.  I may plant another sage plant in the spring too.  

My hen that we put a splint on, is doing okay.  She's still hobbling around, so fingers crossed.


Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Loved the snowflake dishcloth, I have added that to my list for next year. Glad to hear the chicken is doing OK.
Thanks mamasmercantile, I thought the dishcloths could be used for doilies too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart