Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

. . . from the gratitude journal ~ Internet Issues

I'm thankful for all the recipes I haven't tried yet.  The anticipation keeps me fired up, looking forward to something.

I'm thankful for having Jesse with us.  He's been a blessing and he's getting much needed exercise on the homestead.  And of course he's a great watch dog.

I'm thankful for anti-ill oil spray.  It's been killing off germs for us.

I'm thankful for coffee.  Without it, I would be a bear to deal with, ha ha!

I'm thankful for one daughter who has stepped up to the plate with helping out at get togethers.  She's bringing pie, cookies and other items to the meals, and I am so happy for that.  Woohoo to her helping out.

Here's what's been going on at the homestead.  First off, our internet provider has caused us problems.   We cannot access the internet on the desktop computer, due to a problem they created, and most likely to force us to use their DNS server to track and sell our browsing history.  I have already called another provider and we cannot get them (dish, and no clear path to a tower).  It's day 2 and they are telling me the same ol' story.  

I am using an old laptop, so all of my photos are not on here.  Another frustration. 

I had the pleasure of an all-day visit from our oldest daughter the other day - fed her breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Even the wifi cut out about dinner time, while she was doing her homework (college).




Here is what's been going on in the kitchen -  a large pan of overnight Mexican breakfast casserole, more einkorn peanut butter cookies, and a large batch of breakfast burrito filler (sausage, bacon, egg, potato, pepper, onion and dandelion).

...so what's going on in the living room?  

This job was completed, and I'm onto the next now.  I completely emptied my pie safe, dusted everything, purged, moved it from the wall, cleaned the wall, wall trim, and carpet.  What a job that was.  It has screens, so everything needed dusted.  I have to store my mixer, food processor, and as you can see many other kitchen items due to space in my kitchen.

I'm dusting off the emergency candles (literally) too.  Oye, the dust bunnies are everywhere, so I am thankful to stop and get a few breaks.

It's been cold here, and too early for November.  Hopefully, our internet issue will be resolved soon.  It's happening to other people, so I'm not the only one.  






4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Trust me...they have all your information already! LOL! You made me hungry with all those good looking meals. I agree, I too, can do anything given enough coffee! LOL!
I was thinking of you the other day when I watched a great homesteading podcast on You Tube.....Roots and Refuge Farm. Great family and great info. You could do that! You have so much good information. Take care.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am

Jacqui said...

Your cooking looks delicious. I could eat one of those cookies now! Like you, and Sam above, I run on coffee, too; I think I keep the local coffee shop in business! I hope your internet issues are resolved soon.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jacqui, the internet issue was fixed after 3 days.