Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Black Bean Hummus Recipe

I'm so tired, I forgot my blogger password this morning.  In my sleep deprived state, I also forgot to share how I made the black bean hummus.  

First, I soaked a lb of dry organic black beans in water overnight.  I rinsed and drained, and cooked them.

I used 2 cups of the cooked beans for the following recipe, and put the remaining beans in the refrigerator for breakfast burritos, and other meals.  You can freeze the extra beans for another meal as well.


Black Bean Hummus - all organic ingredients
2 cups cooked black beans
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. tahini
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced*
3/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients in a food processor, top with freshly chopped cilantro if desired.  Keep refrigerated.

Note:  I used jalapenos from my freezer, and it was wonderful.  I just took out enough to meet the size of a jalapeno and finely diced it.  Also, when I freeze my jalapenos, I slice, flash freeze, and then put in freezer containers or bags.  I leave the seeds in.  You can adjust the heat by how much jalapeno you put in it.

No comments: