Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Fruit Muffin Recipes

I have had a few requests for the Blueberry-Strawberry Muffin recipe.  It is on my blog, just click on:






Here is the recipe for the Strawberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins:

I use all organic ingredients, raise organic fed layers, make my own vanilla and can my own applesauce, but any brand will work.

Mix 1  cup water with 1/4 cup powdered milk and let it mix up while you mix:

3 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt

In another bowl mix:
1/2 cup canola oil (or 1/4 cup with 1/4 cup unsweetened  applesauce)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
add the milk you made earlier

Toss the following in the dry mixture:
2 cups frozen strawberries (or more if you like)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Add the wet to the dry

Fill 17-18 muffin cups
Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until done.


I want to try making these with honey to cut down on the sugar.  I'll let you know if and when I do, and how it turns out.  Or if anyone else tries it, be sure to let me know the results.

2 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Thank for the recipes! I've got to try these!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are welcome Sam I Am!