Skip to main content

Fruit Muffin Recipes

I have had a few requests for the Blueberry-Strawberry Muffin recipe.  It is on my blog, just click on:






Here is the recipe for the Strawberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins:

I use all organic ingredients, raise organic fed layers, make my own vanilla and can my own applesauce, but any brand will work.

Mix 1  cup water with 1/4 cup powdered milk and let it mix up while you mix:

3 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt

In another bowl mix:
1/2 cup canola oil (or 1/4 cup with 1/4 cup unsweetened  applesauce)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
add the milk you made earlier

Toss the following in the dry mixture:
2 cups frozen strawberries (or more if you like)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Add the wet to the dry

Fill 17-18 muffin cups
Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until done.


I want to try making these with honey to cut down on the sugar.  I'll let you know if and when I do, and how it turns out.  Or if anyone else tries it, be sure to let me know the results.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Thank for the recipes! I've got to try these!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart