Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 7, 2017

Vanilla ~ Muffins ~ Pampering Myself

Homemade vanilla extract was refilled.  I go through it very quickly at this homestead.  However, as gardening season sets in, I won't have all this time to bake with (probably a good thing).



Enjoying another batch of homemade English muffins.  These don't have a lot of "nooks" and "crannies" but they are delicious.  The trick is to only knead the dough a few minutes to keep it soft.


And just so you know I am taking time for myself, and pampering myself I took that last glass of bubbly (from the pea dish night) and took it to the bathroom.... 

....and had a nice relaxing soak in the tub with essential oils.  I had some candles burning and rejuvenated my body and soul. Momentarily.

Today's it's back to that tile floor.  

Or not.

6 comments:

Rain said...

Hmmm...that would be me "...or not"...likely NOT. :) I go through lots of vanilla extract here too, I need to make my own. I do have vanilla beans...there is just so much to think about, so many things I want to stop buying, but I get overwhelmed really easily. I should keep a list of what I'd like to home-make and tackle them one at a time. I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing bath. I do the same with a glass of wine a few times a week, it really rejuvenates! :)

Mama Pea said...

I could eat one of those English muffins slathered with butter right now!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, I am typically one to put myself last, and this year I am devoted to put myself up a notch.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, the muffins are pretty darn good. I love the fact the recipe only contains 1 Tbsp. of honey. Yum.

Sam I Am...... said...

Good for you! Self-care is important! I haven't made anymore muffins as I can barely keep up now that everything is growing like weeds outside and most of them are weeds! Yours look perfect!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am, I need to let the dough rise more during the first rise next time. I was sort of in a hurry. Like you said, "barely keep up." So much to do now.