Skip to main content

I did a naughty thing.....

Feeling pretty lazy for once, and not feeling guilty for once....


Yesterday, I literally put jammies and a thick robe on (at 3 o'clock in the afternoon), donned some slippers, turned on the "boob tube" (have no idea where we got that nickname for the TV), and crocheted until I finished this rug.  Last year Zuri got a toy caught on it, and then her teeth, and I ripped out several rows.   It's now finished, in the hallway, and it's "dog safe" for now.  I'm thrilled I took the time to get another unfinished project out of my looming closet.  I ran out of boxes to purge more books anyway.

Dinner was already in the crock pot - sweet potato/black bean chili.  I ate that in bed too, ha ha!  Hubby worked late, so I started crocheting on the scrap blanket too.

It's in the 50's today, but dark, and rainy.  I sure hope the wind dries up the swamp we now have.  The pellet stove is off, the wood stove is off, and I'm in the kitchen today.  I should be cleaning a bathroom, but you know we have to make those big decisions, ha ha!

Comments

Susan said…
Well, it's about time! Seriously, there is nothing bad about taking a day (or two) and just relaxing. Besides, you are always working while you're relaxing so it almost doesn't count!
Mama Pea said…
I'm curious if you used worsted weight scrap yarn for your rug . . . or something heavier. If it is made of worsted weight yarn how do you get it to lie flat for you? Getting into pjs and a robe at 3 in the afternoon sound absolutely wonderful! Unless I get a burst of energy, that may happen to me today, too. (It's only at smidge after 2 p.m. so I can't do it yet, can I??)
Susan, you made me laugh. You are right. Unless I'm reading a book, I'm always working on something, ha ha!
Mama Pea, I used cotton. I crochet two together and and "I" hook. I just use up scraps leftover from making knitted dishcloths, and crocheted items made from cotton yarn.
Sam I Am...... said…
I would love to make those rugs too as I need them. I was going to use acrylic worsted though as that is what I have the most of. I wonder if that would work? I love yours! I usually have my pjs on about 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. and get in bed because I have lots to do in the evening and my only t.v. is in my bedroom and my bed is like my couch! LOL! I watch the news then, work on a handwork project and then do my reading and a Sodoku puzzle to keep the neurons firing! LOL! Glad you took time for yourself!
Sam I Am, I highlighted my rug making in the left column of articles on the front of my blog. I simple crochet two strands of cotton yarn (used for dishcloths), and an "I" hook. I crochet across until I have the width I want, and use single crochet. I wash my rugs in cold water and line dry them. So far, they are holding out very nicely.
RB said…
I did that yesterday. Worked from 10am-2pm and came home so bushed, I changed into pjs, laid down watching tv, and promptly fell asleep. My right shoulder (torn rotator cuff) has been bothering me quite a bit lately, so when I do sleep, I often wake with every movement shift because of the pain, so I felt like I was catching up, and it felt good.
I did get up long enough to care for the cats and chickens. Their food and water bowls need changed and filled, so I did do that, but all in all, my afternoon asleep went well. Life went on and the world didn't end after all. ;o)
I pray everyone's having a great week, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, I like your words "life went on and the world didn't end after all." I love that.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart