Skip to main content

....from the handiwork journal and other random tidbits.

One good thing happened due to our camping dilemma on Friday - I finished the baby blanket.  (We had planned to deliver it today, but......)



While Hubby and his nephew went to fetch the stranded camper, I retreated to the front porch to crochet and relieve my headache.

I also got 1 boot cuff finished, and another started.

Then I sulked again, as the air cooled off and I was imagining myself sitting around a campfire....

I got over it.  

Saturday Hubby
and I got on the Harley and did a few errands, and found a fall festival (very large flea market) to hang out at.  I found one item and will post a photo of it later.  We literally were on the bike until about 6:30pm.  We had a fantastic day.

Until 9:30pm.

Hubby is in the hospital, we had an unexpected emergency visit last night.  Then they moved him to another hospital up north for more serious testing.  I'm heading up to visit, and play some cards with him to make the time go faster.  He won't be getting out today.  Prayers would be appreciated.  I'm trying to hold it together.  I had a good cry last night about 2am, and finally fell asleep.  We are all praying it's just a simple fix.  I want to drill the doctors too.  I want more answers than they are giving him.

We've been trying to clean out our garage gym, so Hubby could do a 5am work out with me, as he knew he needed to lose some weight, but otherwise you know he eats pretty darn good.  And his sugar tested pretty much perfect at the hospital, which surprised the doctors.   

Not being able to sleep got my toilet cleaned last night.   I wonder what I'll get cleaned tonight?   
 

Comments

Kim said…
Kristina.....I am doing a show this weekend and just got a chance to try and catch up here on thr blogs. I will have hubs in my prayers and you and the family as well. Take care and let God handle it. Hugs to you my dear.
Susan said…
Oh, Kristina! I will hold you all in my thoughts and pray for an excellent outcome. Keep us posted. xo
Sue O said…
Prayers said with more to come. I can't help but think that the reason the camping trip had to be missed was a fortunate misfortune. Whenever a plan goes awry I always believe it is for a reason. Hope all is well.

Sue
Mama Pea said…
You know all of us here in Blogland are thinking of you and your hubby and sending lots and lots of prayers your way. Loads of love and hugs to you, dear girl.
Sam I Am...... said…
What happened that landed him in the hospital? I will pray all goes well whatever it is. Beautiful baby blanket. Camping fiasco seems sort of minor now doesn't it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart