Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Homemade Bubble Bath Update ~ Another "Frugal" DIY Book

A short while ago, I mixed up a recipe for homemade bubble bath.  Just you so know, there are so many different recipes out there to try.  


I got bubbles, but I have well water too.  The water turned a milky white due to the ingredients too. The bubbles were not real big, but the clove oil really stood out.  I think any good essential oil will work. It just depends on what you want. 
 

The bubbles kind if fizzed out in 15 minutes, but my skin did not feel dried out afterwards.  

I also did some reading on clove bud oil.  I really need to spend more time doing this research. Had I known it can kill tiny bugs, I would have bathed in it right after working in the barn (dust mites etc).

Original Recipe:  Homemade Bubble Bath
 

Our library just got this book in.  The first half contains DIY type recipes - lotions, lip balm, cleaning recipes, etc.  The last half contains food recipes.  There are a few  body care recipes I may try.  Just another resource to find recipes.  I may try the homemade deodorant recipe too.  It uses several essential oils, and one I do not have on hand.  I'll be borrowing this book a few more times.  If I try any, and they compare better to ones I'm making now, I'll let you know. 

4 comments:

Susan said...

Kristina, I really do think you should write your OWN book!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Susan!

RB said...

We grew up on a farm with a well that had water so soft that bubble bath would bubble up in such abundance, it would take gallons of water to rinse them out of the tub after.
In fact, bubbles got so high one time, that our youngest brother (then about 2 or 3), got buried beneath them and we had to dig him out from under the froth (laughing the whole time). After that, we weren't allowed to use bubble bath anymore.
Now it seems hard to get any bubble bath to froth well and they seem so drying to the skin. It would be nice to find one that's both bubbly AND emollient at the same time.
That's good to know about clove oil. I wonder how it would work on fleas, ticks, etc. in pet baths.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, that's funny about the bubbles. I think there is a book that tells what oils are best for pets. I was looking them up online yesterday.