Skip to main content

Homemade Bubble Bath Update ~ Another "Frugal" DIY Book

A short while ago, I mixed up a recipe for homemade bubble bath.  Just you so know, there are so many different recipes out there to try.  


I got bubbles, but I have well water too.  The water turned a milky white due to the ingredients too. The bubbles were not real big, but the clove oil really stood out.  I think any good essential oil will work. It just depends on what you want. 
 

The bubbles kind if fizzed out in 15 minutes, but my skin did not feel dried out afterwards.  

I also did some reading on clove bud oil.  I really need to spend more time doing this research. Had I known it can kill tiny bugs, I would have bathed in it right after working in the barn (dust mites etc).

Original Recipe:  Homemade Bubble Bath
 

Our library just got this book in.  The first half contains DIY type recipes - lotions, lip balm, cleaning recipes, etc.  The last half contains food recipes.  There are a few  body care recipes I may try.  Just another resource to find recipes.  I may try the homemade deodorant recipe too.  It uses several essential oils, and one I do not have on hand.  I'll be borrowing this book a few more times.  If I try any, and they compare better to ones I'm making now, I'll let you know. 

Comments

Susan said…
Kristina, I really do think you should write your OWN book!
RB said…
We grew up on a farm with a well that had water so soft that bubble bath would bubble up in such abundance, it would take gallons of water to rinse them out of the tub after.
In fact, bubbles got so high one time, that our youngest brother (then about 2 or 3), got buried beneath them and we had to dig him out from under the froth (laughing the whole time). After that, we weren't allowed to use bubble bath anymore.
Now it seems hard to get any bubble bath to froth well and they seem so drying to the skin. It would be nice to find one that's both bubbly AND emollient at the same time.
That's good to know about clove oil. I wonder how it would work on fleas, ticks, etc. in pet baths.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, that's funny about the bubbles. I think there is a book that tells what oils are best for pets. I was looking them up online yesterday.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart