Skip to main content

Buttering with Cranberries ~ Homemade Gift Idea

You'd think there would be a scientific term, for a syndrome defining chronic recipe collectors.  Specifically for those who collect new recipes to try, while attempting to try all the stashed recipes they already have.  It's an obsession I tell ya.

Sigh....

New recipes find me whether I want them or not lately. 


Cranberry butter was a new, delicious butter for me to make.

You can simply use it, freeze it or gift it.



I'm sharing the recipe
, but I cut it in half for Thanksgiving.  And of course I used organic ingredients.  Once I get dairy goats back in my pasture, I'll be making my own butter again.

Cranberry Butter
4 sticks butter, softened
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/3 cup honey
zest of one orange

Mix together in a food processor.
Makes about 6 half-pints.


I'll admit, it turns out to be a very pretty butter to use.  The recipe did not state how long this will last, but I'm assuming about two weeks fresh (refrigerated), and maybe a month frozen.

Comments

Kim said…
I love cranberries, thanks for sharing this one. I make a frittata on christmas eve for a neighbor family and put together a basket with croissants and jams or jellies I have made. They can bake it on christmas morning while gifts are being opened and enjoy a hot breakfast. This will be making its way into the basket this year.
Kim, you are a wonderful neighbor! What a nice thing to do, and adding the cranberry butter would be a great idea.
EMMA said…
umm that sounds interesting, does it taste as good as it looks?
RB said…
What does the Cranberry Butter taste like - sweet, sour or bitter?
As for a scientific term for your chronic recipe collecting syndrome, how about a Recipeophile? LOL
( I got it from the term Bibliophilia or bibliophilism is the love of books, and a bibliophile is an individual who loves books.)
Hey, there are worse "habits" for a person to have. At least yours feeds your family well.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB and Emma, the butter is not bitter. It tastes pretty good on toasted bread.
Lisa said…
Thanks! Great idea for that large bag of leftover cranberries that I have in the fridge.
Lisa, the girls finished ours up on breakfast toast. Pretty good too.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart