Skip to main content

Buttering with Cranberries ~ Homemade Gift Idea

You'd think there would be a scientific term, for a syndrome defining chronic recipe collectors.  Specifically for those who collect new recipes to try, while attempting to try all the stashed recipes they already have.  It's an obsession I tell ya.

Sigh....

New recipes find me whether I want them or not lately. 


Cranberry butter was a new, delicious butter for me to make.

You can simply use it, freeze it or gift it.



I'm sharing the recipe
, but I cut it in half for Thanksgiving.  And of course I used organic ingredients.  Once I get dairy goats back in my pasture, I'll be making my own butter again.

Cranberry Butter
4 sticks butter, softened
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/3 cup honey
zest of one orange

Mix together in a food processor.
Makes about 6 half-pints.


I'll admit, it turns out to be a very pretty butter to use.  The recipe did not state how long this will last, but I'm assuming about two weeks fresh (refrigerated), and maybe a month frozen.

Comments

Kim said…
I love cranberries, thanks for sharing this one. I make a frittata on christmas eve for a neighbor family and put together a basket with croissants and jams or jellies I have made. They can bake it on christmas morning while gifts are being opened and enjoy a hot breakfast. This will be making its way into the basket this year.
Kim, you are a wonderful neighbor! What a nice thing to do, and adding the cranberry butter would be a great idea.
EMMA said…
umm that sounds interesting, does it taste as good as it looks?
RB said…
What does the Cranberry Butter taste like - sweet, sour or bitter?
As for a scientific term for your chronic recipe collecting syndrome, how about a Recipeophile? LOL
( I got it from the term Bibliophilia or bibliophilism is the love of books, and a bibliophile is an individual who loves books.)
Hey, there are worse "habits" for a person to have. At least yours feeds your family well.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB and Emma, the butter is not bitter. It tastes pretty good on toasted bread.
Lisa said…
Thanks! Great idea for that large bag of leftover cranberries that I have in the fridge.
Lisa, the girls finished ours up on breakfast toast. Pretty good too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart