Skip to main content

Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate

With cooler weather coming upon us, the kids have been hankering a fall weather beverage.  A nice hot cup of hot chocolate sounded good.  This time we made a mint hot chocolate.


I simply place the peppermint leaves into my tea infuser, then pour boiling water in it.  Close the top, and steep about 3-4 minutes.  You can use fresh or dried leaves.




While it's steeping, I put my hot chocolate mix in a mug that fits the infuser's bottom.



Place the infuser over the mug, and drain the mint water into the mug, making it mint hot chocolate.  



Yum!  One of the kids asked for mint hot cocoa last winter, and we had zero peppermint.  You could also steep a cup with peppermint tea from the store, and add the chocolate mix after that.  

Enjoy!

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Ha! That mint hot chocolate beverage would sound a lot better if our weather wasn't so ishy again. Terrible humidity yesterday, didn't cool off much last night and both of us had trouble sleeping. Up and going this morning at 4:45 a.m. Bring on the fall weather . . . please!
Mama Pea, I thought about getting up that early here today too. It is so nice to work outside in cooler weather, but by noon it's heated up to a point it's uncomfortable. Hubby finally dismantled my car to replace the back brakes last night, but the night fell too quickly and it's still up on the jack. He doesn't like working in hot weather either, so the cooler weather is helping get some jobs started.
HIBISCUS HOUSE said…
That looks mighty good! I have peppermint on the porch that I do very little with so I must try this! Thanks for sharing!
EMMA said…
Oh my that sounds too good to be true!!!
Dolly, the kids and I wanted this last winter, so I planted peppermint this year. It really is good.
Sam I Am...... said…
I'm sure it's good. I used to order Penzey's hot cocoa mix and their Mint Hot Cocoa mix...excellent! But it is not hot chocolate weather here yet....90 yesterday! Fall please come soon but gradually as I have outdoor work to do when it cools off. LOL!
Sam I Am, it heated up here too, but cooled at night.
RB said…
Sounds lovely. Like you, we're starting to hanker for Fall/Winter themed meals too, even though the temps are still 80s here. Today I have in the crock pot some cabbage, carrots and trimmings left over from spiral hams. I'm going to serve it with smashed tatties. The house smells wonderful.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart