Skip to main content

Raisin Bread and other tidbits

I decided to bake my first cinnamon-raisin bread. Yes, that is today's big news story.  


This "pioneer" woman has not baked this tasty treat until yesterday.
 


And it was delicious!   Next time we go camping, I am baking up a loaf for making french toast at the campground.  Mmmm!

Thank you Candy at Lazy J Bar C for the recipe.  It smelled so good while it was baking.



Laundry has been in full swing, and we are going through many kitchen towels, and rags lately.

I spent most of the day stocking up some of the onions.  


 Onion soup cooling to put in the freezer.

Dehydrating onions for onion flakes and onion powder.

Only a few rotten ones in the first bunch I brought in. 



The wrens have taken up a second bird house, which is also right at my clothesline and back patio.  Mom is so jealous.  I may have already shared that, so sorry if it's a repeat.

Comments

Sandra said…
The raisin bread looks delicious :)
Mama Pea said…
I love cinnamon-raisin bread, especially for breakfast. I also like to drizzle a white frosting over the top . . . which really fouls up my toaster when I try to make toast from it! The season is coming when I'm going to get back into baking our bread. Can't wait!
Mama Pea, one of the girls made french toast with it this morning, and the house smelled soooo good!
Sam I Am...... said…
Oh yum! I made dough the other day but haven't gotten to making bread with it yet. I usually make a regular loaf and then cinnamon rolls or pizza with the rest but I may have to make some of that cinnamon raisin bread!
I always like to see rags in the laundry as it means I got some cleaning done! LOL!
Sam I am, cinnamon rolls sound wonderful. I should make them again soon. I should made pizza dough for the freezer too.
RB said…
Looks yummy!!!
Funny story about raisins. Had a friend long ago that had a 3-year old boy who spent a week with his grandparents one summer. Every morning the child and grandpa would get up and eat breakfast together - the boy eating Cheerios and Grandpa eating Raisin Bran as older folks often do. After a few days of this, as Grandpa was getting their breakfast ready, the boy said, "Today I want the cereal you have Grandpa, the one with the flies in it." LOL
Now to take it a little further, the boy's Grandma was famous for her homemade apple pie which she made special by putting a handful of raisins into each one. From that day forward, however, it became known as "Grandma's Fly Cemetery Pie" because of the raisins that dotted it throughout. And here I am still some 30-40 years later, I see anything with raisins in it, and I think back to that story.
Have a good week.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, that is a funny story, thanks for sharing that!

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart