Skip to main content

Gratitude

I woke up to an orange furry feline, sitting on my stomach, nose to nose with me, and every so gently pressing one paw up on me over and over again.

"Wake up sleepy head," he was silently saying.
 
His eyes were begging me to get up and feed him, as his master is away at a (gulp) sleepover.  No one is on agreement with me regarding sleepovers this winter, so if this one comes home sick, then my opinion is getting enforced.
 
Well, it's been a long time since I did a gratitude posting.  Oddly, I am thankful for being in bed for two days, because I finished one book before the month was even over. 

I have one book left in my personal stash.



I'm just waiting for more books to come in from the library by Hemingway.  In the meantime, I have more half-way finished pieces of handiwork to complete.  January is almost over, so I must get back to those, so I can start the "new" project list.


~Today I am thankful for~

Having the ingredients on hand for making elixir.
Having the ingredients on hand for making ginger-ale.
Fun snail mail.
Older kids that can drive and get errands done for me.
Mom.
Coffee.
Books.
Herbal teas.
 Hubby.
My cell phone, so I can keep in touch with Son.
My canned applesauce.  It seems small, but it came in handy when we could not eat much.
Salt.
God's Protection and Guidance.
Another day with Sadie.




Comments

Mama Pea said…
Your gratitude posts are beautiful, Kristina.
Kim said…
It is so easy to be grateful if we just slow down to see. I am glad you are feeling better.
Thanks Kim. I am impressed how fast I got through this illness. I am thankful for those teas and gargling with salt water got rid of my cough. I actually cooked dinner tonight (crockpot) - white bean and greens soup.
Sam I Am...... said…
I'd be more worried about guns and creepy "uncles" at sleepovers than catching a bug! I'm SO glad I'm not a parent right now...I'm bad enough about the grand chidren! LOL!
So glad you are all feeling better!
How did you get those check marks on your books? I see people do arrows and stuff but I haven't see a photo editor that does that yet.
Sam I am, I used the font "wingdings 2" and the keyboard key "P" If you google a wingding font chart online, it gives you all the symbols they make.
RB said…
Funny how animals gravitate to another when their "preferred" pet parent is away. With the cats, I've always thought they look for the "other person" that looks smart enough to run a can opener, while the dog looks for anyone, anyone who looks smart enough to toss a ball. LOL

Blessed Sadie is hanging in there. Continuing in prayer for God's will for her, gently Lord, gently.

God bless.

RB
<><
RB, Tiger loves to hang out with me for some reason. Sadie is still with us, but is very tired today.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart