Skip to main content

So Good!



I just tasted our first batch of applesauce.  I enjoyed it with a sprinkle of organic cinnamon.  Absolutely delicious. 
Secretly, I went back inside for seconds.   I'm on the hunt for more apples.  Word has it, that this winter will either be worse than last winter, or longer.  I want to be sure my pantry is bursting with goods.



There's nothing better than a real (made with sugar) coca-cola.  So refreshing! I don't drink soda pop on a regular basis, so this was a nice treat.  

Not sure what we'll get done today, but one thing that needs done today is dig up the septic cap.  



I actually had to write out a new "Top Priority" list for Hubby.  He's under fire now.  

Once we get job #1 done, it will be back in the garden again.


Comments

Sandra said…
I love homemade applesauce, and I'm not a fan of coca-cola, it actually hurts my stomach, but once in a while I love a nice cold one from a glass bottle, just like that :)
Mama Pea said…
We're still trying to round up some apples so I can make applesauce. I think we may have located some organically grown ones, I hope, I hope. I sure don't want us to be eating a bunch of toxic sprays and insecticides in our applesauce!

When you wrote about sprinkling cinnamon on your sauce, it reminded me that a combination of cinnamon and honey is supposed to be especially good for us. Something about the way the two react with each other. You could drizzle a small amount of honey on your sauce before sprinkling on the cinnamon. We've been doing the cinnamon/honey thing on our toast in the morning.
The applesauce looks delicious pal! And are you kidding me about the winter!?!?! My goodness I am not ready for another one like that! And that comic is spot on! Loved it! Happy week to you! Nicole xo
Susan said…
Your applesauce looks delicious! I'm lucky to live in a town in upstate NY surrounded by apple orchards (and wineries) so there's never a shortage here.
Sandra, I stashed a few extra bottles of that pop in my fridge. Ha ha!

Mama Pea, the honey and cinnamon together sounds wonderful!

Nicole, I've heard so many people tell me the winter will be bad.

Susan, we only have 2 orchards nearby and both spray.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart