Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday


I'm joining Diary of a Stay at Home Mom today.


Breakfast time, what is on the plate this morning. . .


Veggie omelet with homemade peach jam on toast.  Mmmm!


Looking around the house. . .
I see lots of cleaning that needs done, and potatoes that need canned.


On today's to-do list. . .
~ slice up garlic and place in dehydrator
~put laundry out on the line (I decided to do clothing today, and save bedding for tomorrow.  I didn't want the septic guy to see my undies on the line)
~slice and freeze jalapenos
~vacuum carpets
~sweep kitchen
~take out trash
~feed/water the chickens and goats
~bake applesauce banana muffins
~dump coffee grounds/egg shells into the garden
~write
 **Garden work: (whatever I can get done today)
 


Currently reading . . .



On the TV . . .
   Tuesday:  Sons of Anarchy (hoping I can stay awake)
   Rest of the week:  Netflix (we just finished Cedar Cove)


The weather outside is. . .
  It's warm during the day (upper 70's, and enough to make you sweat during outdoor work), and cool in the evenings (40's and 50's).  Rain possibly Tuesday and Friday.  


On the menu this week . . .
  Monday: Millet Burgers and veggies
  Tuesday:  roasted chicken, potatoes, carrots
  Wed:  BBQ pork chops, brown rice, and green beans
  Thurs:  grilled cheese and roasted rosemary potatoes
  Friday:  breakfast, eggs, veggies, and whatnot
  Saturday:  leftovers
  Sunday: something with organic black beans


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will. . .
  Crochet or knit, make spearmint iced tea and sit on the porch

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week. . .
  ~Mama Pea's Millet Burgers
Update:  These were awesomely delicious!  I shared the recipe with my family too.  My family gobbled them up!  Good thing I have more millet in the freezer.  And you know me, it's non-gmo/organic millet. 


One of my simple pleasures. . .


I can't think of anything today, other than the front porch.  It's that simple.  That, and of course, watching the sunrise (or set).



Favorite photo from the camera. . .




Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye). . .

I have been visiting Pilgrims and Strangers on Earth, and they are sharing some very interesting recipes from Mountain Rose Herbs.  Many that I did not know until I saw it on their blog.   


Praying for. . .
  Our finances, our older military kids, family, and friends with special requests



Bible verse, Devotional, that is resonating with me at the moment . . .



John 10:34-11:27, Trust in God to Protect and Care for You 

Comments

wonderful list!
you things to do today made me chuckle!
I hang my undies according to people coming and going at my house too!
also-- I put the eggs in the garden after crushing. But the grounds and filters are being dried now and getting ready to make java log fire starters for the winter months ahead!
Kim said…
I will also pray for the needs of all your family. I also have a son who has been in the USAF for 17 years now and it never gets any easier. Enjoy rhe porch as much as you can.
Kim, thank you!

Patricia, those fire starters sound neat too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart