Skip to main content

Canning Pizza Sauce



Yesterday, I canned homemade pizza sauce for the first time.  I have never had this many tomatoes, so it is a blessing.  We'll be popping open a jar of this to make grilled pizzas this week.  I'll let you know how it tastes and which recipe I adapted.




I'm still dragging my body around from the shock of wood splitting, but pushed myself through the day.  I'll admit, slamming that sledge hammer down on the wedge was a bit stress relieving.  The mud bog noise was back all weekend, including Monday.  The beer cans are back in our front yard again. 



Five minutes for Me.  Honestly, I can't remember giving myself five minutes for myself at all on Monday.  I know was eager to get wood split and stacked, but need to be better at slowing down at the end of the day (or where ever that time may fall).

Comments

Sandra said…
Grilled Piizza with homemade sauce sounds delicious!!
Willow said…
Do take some time to stop and smell the last of the warm weather flowers . That book on your cozy porch looks enticing .
Yell for me when that pizza is ready , the sauce looks yummy.
Hubby also want so make cauliflower crust pizza with the sauce. We may be eating pizza twice this week, ha ha!
Sam I Am...... said…
Homemade pizza sauce and grilled pizza sounds yummy. I remember the days when I split wood...great exercise and stress reliever but you definitely feel it the next day.
Too bad about your neighbors. Mine are very quiet and I rarely see them. I take time for myself when Ineed to give my legs a break and at night when I fall into bed! LOL!
P.S. Loving the Homesteader's Journal!
EMMA said…
You're amazing - I can't believe how much canning you do - I bet your panty shelves are so beautiful to look at.
Sam I Am, I loved that book. Glad you are enjoying it too.

Emma, I really don't have a pantry here, due to how the original house was built. I am stuffing the jars in any cupboard I can at this point, ha ha! I do have one cabinet that I used for books, but now use for canned food.
Betty said…
I love your blog..nice header! I love old buildings.
Your pizza sauce looks wonderful.
Thanks for commenting on our blog..those vegetable muffins really are very good:)
Michelle said…
Would love to know how it turned out and a recipe. I have so many tomatoes this year. I have made different sauce out of them but would love a pizza sauce. I haven't tried that yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart