Skip to main content

Random Stuff

Everyone needs a "watch cat" right?  Ha ha!  I guess Sapphire thought the top of Hubby's truck was the perfect spot for watching.

Good kitty.


I did get a few more mulberries picked, and I see that the black raspberries are red now.  It won't be long and we'll be sweating it out while picking them too.

I did get out to the garden a few days ago, and got started with weeding, but I'm saving that for another blog post (he he!)  I know you all can't wait to read it too.  

My blogger is acting funky.  My reading list is not reading my list of blogs I follow.  It shows one at a time.  Anyone else with this problem?  I hope they fix it soon.  

Last night we grilled organic/grass fed beef burgers, and roasted brussel sprouts/onions and garlic in foil packets.  Delicious.  We topped our burgers with the good stuff too, including my home canned pickles.





Comments

Mama Pea said…
Your last night's dinner sounds wonderful. I've been hungry for a hamburger . . . maybe tonight.

Cat on Tin Roof (:o]) looks mighty comfy. Funny how animals like to be up high. Must come down from their ancestors who had to keep a sharp eye out for predators.
Kelly said…
Mine only had one post up at a time. I had to go to everyone's blog pages individually :/ It's fixed now, thank goodness :)
Your dinner sounds yummy!
Sounds like a yummy meal friend! Love that shot of the kitty! And yes! Mine is only showing one at a time so I am switching everything over to bloglovin...have a great day! Nicole xo
Unknown said…
Blogger fixed that, from what I can see. I posted (along with others) complaints of their product forum. I guess they listened! Nice kitty...
Kim said…
Blogger was doing that to me too. But it is fixed now. Your dinner sounds yummy!
I haven't noticed the problem with blogger, though my internet was down a day and a half...
I'd love to have a burger. Sounds delish.
As soon as I get things in check a little bit better. We're driving to Canton to the Dairy Palace and having a Bison burger. I'll probably remove the top bun...and eat it with a fork. But I'm just longing for the flavor of a burger.
Your's sounds good to me! LOL...
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart