Skip to main content

A Homemade Mother's Day

I gifted Mom with this hand crocheted bath mitt, and a bar of daughter's handmade grapefruit goat's milk soap.


I also made her some "cans" of homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup. 

Happy Mother's Day!
 

I'm sharing some birthday gifts I received yesterday.

 A recycled wine bottle, made into a light.

 Cute sign that is now in my kitchen.

 I love this camper hat!

I woke up to find this for me for Mother's Day.  Reusable cup (cute right?), sunflower stickers and a pink ribbon do-dad to make finding my keys in my purse easier.

Comments

Kim said…
Very nice and happy mothers day to you
I love all the gifts...the ones you gave and the ones you received!
That Rooster sign for the kitchen is wonderful! I love the colors. I've been thinking about finding a ball cap 'just for me'...instead of absconding with someones UNused hat. You know, buying a hat for myself that has meaning to me... this one would be sooo cute!
I love my re-useable cup I got a couple of years ago for Mother's day --it has a rooster on it.
Catching up on my reading here and around.
You'll probably see more comments from me.
Pat

PS: Hope your mother's day was wonderful...it seems like it was. :)
RB said…
Your family is so talented. Everything is so beautiful and thoughtful, and it means so much more when it's been crafted by the hands of someone who loves you.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart