Skip to main content

Signs of Spring

Yesterday I had a very nice laundry day.  Every line was completely full.  I did not get all the rugs washed as planned, but got all the barn cat bedding washed and put back.  It was nice to see Timmy in one of the boxes this morning, sleeping peacefully.



The baby goats had outside playtime.  They love to run and play.  By the time I got out there to film them, they were pretty tired.



And they got pretty hungry too.  Peanut is being a good Mom.


I was blessed with front porch time yesterday, and this robin kept visiting the tree nearby.  That robin sat there and sat there.  I was talking to it (yea, I know) and it just sat there.  So, I went back in for my camera and snapped this one shot before it flew away.  Later it came back again.  Most likely looking for food, but coming very close to me (odd for a bird).  I am surprised to see so many after such a brutal winter too.  In fact, we've already see small swarms of mosquitoes too.


Timmy curled up next to the porch, in one of the herb gardens, soaking up the sunshine.  We discovered he was punctured by something (not a broken leg or sprained).  He has pulled off the hair on his leg and it has an infection of some sort in it.  So far, his wound appears to be healing.  


I'm seeing signs of spring in my flower gardens - Daffodils.  I also see a few tulips popping up. I do need more tulips.  Maybe this fall I can get more bulbs in the ground. 

Today is an indoor work day.  It's not raining too badly yet, but they forecasted "heavy" rains today.  I am thankful it's raining today.  We spotted a bald eagle in the woods nearby yesterday.  The chickens and baby goats are safely inside today.  One the kids spotted a fox a few weeks ago too.

Comments

Willow said…
Wonderful to see Spring has sprung at your place. The kids must be fun to watch. Glad you got some front porch time!
Kelly said…
Your goats are adorable!
I worked outside all day yesterday since we had thunderstorms in the forecast...not a drop of rain :/ I'm forced to stay inside today and get what I didn't do yesterday done, even though it's going to 80+ degrees today!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart