Skip to main content

It's a Girl ~ The Desk ~ Books ~ Allergies


Misty had a doeling.  Once we have daylight, I'll go out and get a photo to share (updated now).  This is the end of our kidding season.  It rained heavily all day yesterday and it continues to rain this morning.  It's been pretty gloomy and dark out.  School is delayed 2 hours - fog.

Just a reminder:  Be sure to click on "read more" in my posts, to read the full blog post.


 Before

After

Another "ah" moment on the homestead. Removing all the unsightliness will make this year much better. 

Hubby, although reluctant after working 12 hour days all week, installed the larger cabinet last night.  I still have to paint the doors and install them, but today I can start filling the cabinets, organizing, purging, and cleaning.  


* * * *

Books.  I have a lot of them.  I have given some away, and donated some.  It's been nice getting my bookshelves in order as well.  I have a better idea of what I have on my shelves now.  There have been many times I have found two of the same book.

A few weeks back I was working on one bookshelf.  My oldest daughter said something like "I'm still not sure what I want to do with my life."  

"Wait!" I responded eagerly, "I think I have a book for that!"  Of course we laughed. They know how many books I own.

Last night my 14 year-old was working on homework.

"Mom, how do you interview someone?"

"Wait!"  I responded, "I have a book for that!"  And I did.


  * * * * *

The heavy rain is irritating my allergies.  We also turned on the pellet burner last night.  I woke up to red, burning and a very painfully itching in my eyes.  Needless to day, the drops are not working.  I'll be researching more essential oils for this problem.   I refuse to be miserable this year.  In the past, I have purchased an oil already mixed for allergies.  This year I may mix my own to see what works better.

 


Comments

Kelly said…
Too funny!
Hope you find a cure for your allergies. We are all boogery and sneezy here. The pollen is high right now.
Congratulations of the new baby!!!!
Kim said…
Have you every used Allergen Block? I buy it from ebay and I love it.
Kim, thank you for that tip!
Thanks Kelly. She is almost identical to the others that Peanut had.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart