Skip to main content

Recycle Project

I was gifted a few used kitchen cabinets from my younger brother.  I painted them, and they are now installed in my utility room.  They now have a new life.



Before
 
That bag is my kids way of making a place to put cans.  Those are in the garage now.



I painted all the cupboards with leftover paint from the kitchen cupboards.  


After

This has been a blessing for storage and organization.  That's our water softener underneath, and although you can't see it, the well pump is under it too.  Yes, the folks who added this room on years ago, built it over the well.


Comments

Lisa B said…
LOL I thought it was a toilet in your garage. Be funny if the door went up when someone was doing their biz. Seriously you can never have too much storage says the woman living in a house with 2 closets total.
Liz said…
They turned out nice! Great job!
Hey! Those look great!
You did a great job painting them and yes... a blessing for sure.
Pat
Unknown said…
You can never have too much storage! Those look like our old kitchen cabinets!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart