Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, January 23, 2014

No Hot Water ~ Day 3

The heater we borrowed is not working.  We do have cold water in my utility room sink, so I can water the chickens and goats and so forth.  However, no hot water.  No cold (or hot) water at all to the washing machine.

Last night we heated water on the stove for washing dishes and washing up.

....just like camping.

 

4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I think I'm getting too old to "rough it" and with the RA I can't stand for my bones to get cold....they just ache. Are your pipes not buried deep enough or not enough insulation in your house? Do you know what's causing it? I hope you get it fixed soon and I admire your pioneer spirit!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

camping...in the comfort of your home.
Hope things let up for you and your hubby is getting better and everyone is making the best of it.

Pat

Candy C. said...

Not NEARLY as fun as camping... :(

Unknown said...

Time for some heating tape, if you can swing it...