Skip to main content

Pampering Myself ~ More Snow


Hubby had to work late, so I decided to do foot soaks and pedicures with the girls.  Well, some of them.  With 5 kiddos still in the house, I plan to do more self-pampering for stress reducing reasons.

I failed to get housework finished, but did get the bedding on the clothesline yesterday.  I'm not stressing over it, but will write down what I do get done vs. a "to-do" list.  Then tackle what I haven't completed.

Also, with the older two (19, and almost 21) not being employed yet, I have a list of chores for them too - chicken coop cleaning, taking donations to the thrift store, taking recycling to the recycling center, taking returns to the library, picking up jugs of water, and a few other jobs.  

The snow is still falling, and is making laundry day havoc.  




 
We had some strong winds prior to this snow arriving, and have tree branches to pick up now.

As you can see the days have been cloudy, and the sunrises have been hidden most mornings.

Hubby and I started discussing our spring plan for ordering more layers and meat chickens, however, I lost my copy of Backwood's Home Magazine (detailing the types to buy for meat).  I hope to find it this week.

Yesterday I baked banana muffins that were absolutely wonderful.  I've been baking banana bread for a long time, but never got the rave reviews I got over this recipe:  Banana Muffins II

I still have one rotten banana to deal with, and may make our zucchini-banana brownies.  

 





A year of quotes:
"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome."
   ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Comments

Cris said…
I am so glad you are feeling a bit better--and that housework can wait! I have had luck finding articles from Backwoods Home online, if that is any help, but hopefully your copy shows up. When in doubt, check the couch. :-)
Candy C. said…
Another great quote! The snow we got yesterday and last night is pretty much all gone now, except in the shady spots.
How fun to do foot soaks and pedicures together! :)
Teri said…
Love a foot soak and pedicure! Sounds like the perfect thing to do with your girls!
City Chick said…
Going to try that muffin recipe. I too mostly make bread.
Sam I Am...... said…
I will definitely try that muffin recipe...sounds good! Could you hang your clothes inside to dry? It would be better for your health and also adds humidity to the house in the Winter when it can be so dry inside. They don't get "blown" around but I think they dry faster since the air inside is so desparate for moisture it sucks it right out of the wet clothes! LOL!
As for the house work....rest and get better first. I feel overwhelmed many times with trying to do priorities and keeping up with the housework too. Although since Nitty has stopped losing all her hair it has helped alot! Get better and get your rest and of course...drink plenty of liquids.
I heard the other day that a headache can mean you're dehydrated and to think I thought it was a storm moving in! Ha! Ha!
I too love your quotes!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart