Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pampering Myself ~ More Snow


Hubby had to work late, so I decided to do foot soaks and pedicures with the girls.  Well, some of them.  With 5 kiddos still in the house, I plan to do more self-pampering for stress reducing reasons.

I failed to get housework finished, but did get the bedding on the clothesline yesterday.  I'm not stressing over it, but will write down what I do get done vs. a "to-do" list.  Then tackle what I haven't completed.

Also, with the older two (19, and almost 21) not being employed yet, I have a list of chores for them too - chicken coop cleaning, taking donations to the thrift store, taking recycling to the recycling center, taking returns to the library, picking up jugs of water, and a few other jobs.  

The snow is still falling, and is making laundry day havoc.  




 
We had some strong winds prior to this snow arriving, and have tree branches to pick up now.

As you can see the days have been cloudy, and the sunrises have been hidden most mornings.

Hubby and I started discussing our spring plan for ordering more layers and meat chickens, however, I lost my copy of Backwood's Home Magazine (detailing the types to buy for meat).  I hope to find it this week.

Yesterday I baked banana muffins that were absolutely wonderful.  I've been baking banana bread for a long time, but never got the rave reviews I got over this recipe:  Banana Muffins II

I still have one rotten banana to deal with, and may make our zucchini-banana brownies.  

 





A year of quotes:
"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome."
   ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

5 comments:

Cris said...

I am so glad you are feeling a bit better--and that housework can wait! I have had luck finding articles from Backwoods Home online, if that is any help, but hopefully your copy shows up. When in doubt, check the couch. :-)

Candy C. said...

Another great quote! The snow we got yesterday and last night is pretty much all gone now, except in the shady spots.
How fun to do foot soaks and pedicures together! :)

Teri said...

Love a foot soak and pedicure! Sounds like the perfect thing to do with your girls!

City Chick said...

Going to try that muffin recipe. I too mostly make bread.

Sam I Am...... said...

I will definitely try that muffin recipe...sounds good! Could you hang your clothes inside to dry? It would be better for your health and also adds humidity to the house in the Winter when it can be so dry inside. They don't get "blown" around but I think they dry faster since the air inside is so desparate for moisture it sucks it right out of the wet clothes! LOL!
As for the house work....rest and get better first. I feel overwhelmed many times with trying to do priorities and keeping up with the housework too. Although since Nitty has stopped losing all her hair it has helped alot! Get better and get your rest and of course...drink plenty of liquids.
I heard the other day that a headache can mean you're dehydrated and to think I thought it was a storm moving in! Ha! Ha!
I too love your quotes!