Skip to main content

Interesting book ~ Oldest Daughter Turns 19 ~ Lymph Node Update

Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat, One Man's Solution, written by M.D. Creekmore.

This book is not written as a "how-to" for readers, but more about sharing one man's experience and tips on what worked for him, and what didn't.  He shares his tips (and suggestions) on smart storage, stocking up, preparedness, and self-sufficiency.


Today, is my oldest daughter's birthday - 19 years ago, she was born, and weighed 10 lbs. All but one of my kiddos weighed 10 lbs. or more.  The doctor's nurses used to joke to me, and ask if I knew the difference between eating a pumpkin and an apple.  For some reason, God gave me big babies.

Anyway, she's still sleeping, so I hope to share some photos of her birthday, later tomorrow.   Her horse's birthday is this month too. 

I am slowly recovering from this "crud" that I caught.  The good news is, that my lymph node in the back of my neck, has returned to normal.  It only took 6 months, but thank goodness it is normal again.  I noticed that when I was drinking the homemade ginger ale, that it was shrinking faster than with anything else I was doing.  Then when I started drinking the hot ginger tea (also homemade), it started to shrink even faster.  I'm not a doctor, but for me, this experience worked.   

Today, hubby is not working.  Yay!  He's been working so many overtime hours, I haven't seen him much.  Today he has plans to work on the van that we need to sell, repair a door knob, and other things around here. 

Peanut (goat) seems to be feeling better thankfully, but now Blondie's (horse) foot is swelling up again.  

Comments

Katmom said…
Just sending you hugz,,, and don't let the ugly weather get ya down...
>^..^<
Candy C. said…
Happy birthday to your daughter! :)
It's nice that you get to spend a little time with your hubby and I'm glad you are feeling better. I swear, it seems like it's always something when you have critters!
lymph node is shrinking?...how about that! I do find that fascinating

I should probably go back a few posts and get that recipe!

Happy birthday to you daughter!
Pat
Unknown said…
I find massaging lymph nodes helps, in the neck from colds, etc. Releases some of the fluids. Can you post the ginger ale recipe when you're feeling better?
Sam I Am...... said…
Wish your daughter a Happy Birthday! What a great age..19!
That book looks good. I love books like that. Ginger is supposed to be very good for you...I'll have to remember that. So glad you're feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart