Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, September 6, 2012

From the Handiwork Journal . . .

...finished two crocheted flower dishcloths, and one large knitted dishcloth for my Aunt.


 ...finished a small afghan.





...started making rectangle granny square scarves for gifting.


I started the day early with a trip to "Wally World" and was disappointed.  This is the third or fourth trip there, where many of my items were either sold out or no longer sold.  Sold out of borox??  Unheard of.  Then again, maybe everyone else is making detergent from scratch.  Our billy broke his cable again.  They stopped selling them. 

Then back home, only to make a library run.  I'm driving the ol' farm truck that has no air.  Sticky heat today.  I picked up the 11 items that were in for me, picked up a few magazines (hoping I get the time to read them this time), and back home again. 

It's hot and humid today.  Rain is on the way.  I'm baking up pear bars for after school snacks and for lunch packings.  Then it's back to writing.  I'm working on balance, and spent 3 hours cleaning up the computer area.  Now it's work friendly and peaceful.  Half of the stuff belonged to the kids. Hmpf. 

I had hoped to clean up a clutter area today too, but I'm not sure I can squeeze it in.  I need balance and that time for myself.  

I need to clean a chicken coop too.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

WOW!! You have been crocheting up a storm! :)
I get sooo frustrated with Wally World too. We have them and Safeway in our small town for grocery shopping and Safeway is horribly expensive. For instance, Safeway charges $2 more for a 5-pound bag of King Arthur Flour, which is what I use for all my baking. About a third of the time, Wally World is out on the day I go shopping which means another trip to town! Grrrr...
Thankfully, hubby is usually going at some point.