Skip to main content

Peace and Serenity

There is nothing more peaceful, at least for a mother of a large family, to be able to sit and relax knowing that her work is done.  Or the the most part, know that there are no other "projects" to be finished, and no piles of clutter that need attending.

My goal is to declutter the clutter, no matter what or where it's at, one day at a time.


Current (and ongoing) project:  Recipe Organization
Each "work" day, I take the time to copy, or cut and paste, at least 5 recipes.  I have a bad habit of printing of or making a copy of a recipe, then clipping it to my fridge magnet.  It got so heavy, it fell off (sigh).  


Step two to this project, is to take the recipe titles and record them on a word document, so that I can simply access it for dinner/meal ideas when planning my meals.  It's hard to remember every good recipe we use or try.

Current Bible Verse:
Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I have a bad habit of borrowing worry.  Yep.  I do it then beat myself up for stressing myself out.

The vet was here yesterday, and after he spoke to us about our billy goat's horn situation, I did it again.  I worried.  Worried all night, and worried this morning.  

I know that we are doing what we can, but yet I still let myself worry.  You see, his horn is almost touching his head (and had I been told this by our last vet I would have de-horned him at that exact moment in his life...) and the vet cannot cut anymore off.  The only option now is to watch it and wait.  If it continues to grow, we are looking at the possibility of driving him several hours away, and having him dehorned surgically.  His horn span is large and there are many risks.  Cost for surgery is also an issue.  Again...worry.

Worry brings anger and a whole kaboodble of other emotions....."why didn't that lady tell us"  "why didn't someone suggest this earlier" .....why, why, why?

Today, I am reading and praying, and putting my trust in the Lord.

"Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm."


~ Anon.


 

Comments

Candy C. said…
I hope you find a solution for the billy goat. Worry is sometimes not the best thing for our health but it is also hard NOT to worry.
P.S. Glad your computer is working now!
Sam I Am...... said…
You're right.....worry brings you nothing but stress which you don't need. Faith....deep breaths, stay busy, yoga, meditate, journal, walk,...these are the things that bring me peace and keep me from feeling overwhelmed.
Also, prayers from others...I'll say a prayer or more! What do goats do out in the wild? They don't have vets. How did these animals manage to live for thousands of years without our interference? Just curious as I know nothing about goats.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart