Skip to main content

Herbs and New Devotionals

I have dug up several volunteer herb plants, that were planted into small pots we saved from previous garden planting.  These were simply plants that spread into other areas of my herb garden.  I have not yet decided if I will put them for sale, or gift them to those wanting to start their own herb garden.

Moving on....a few of my new devotionals.


                            
Just flipping pages in this one, I am going to like it.  It will stay in the camper of course (Devotions for campers).



I love the concept of a combination brain activity (word search), with a daily devotional.  

I'll be back when the canner pot releases me from captivity.  Possibly before that.  Taking breaks is nice, but tomatoes are getting ripe at the same time (which is what is supposed to happen).  Use them or lose them.

Meanwhile, I have another big bowl of green beans to freeze, and a big bowl of Anaheim peppers to process.  I sliced up some cucumbers and bell peppers from the garden, to enjoy with some homemade hummus (as meals can be hard to make this time of year, ha ha ha!).  We have only gotten one jalapeno this past week, so I have to find a produce stand for those soon (thanks to rodent that ate our 80-some hot pepper plants we fenced).



Comments

I love the idea of a word search/devotional combo book.
I hope the canner is kind to you, but you are right, use it or lose it.
Anne in the kitchen, I love it. It's not time consuming, it's helping the brain, and of course myself. Good messages too. Thanks, I am pushing thru the canning, because good food is good food, and it too a lot of effort to even get to the harvest.
Connie said…
I have no idea what happen to my garden this year, but canning is out of the question. I'm barely eating out of it and I always have loads to share with my neighbors. I'm not even getting that, this year. My tomatoes are blooming, but no fruit. If you have any suggestions as to why this is . . . i'm all ears :)
Connie, we have zero apples this year. We also had to plant late, so half of the tomato plants are half the size, with much smaller tomatoes (I'm still using them though). The weather was our biggest issue, and typically is. The long, lingering cold spring was a big problem for us. Plus, a few really bad heat waves.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart