Skip to main content

Homemade Garlic Aioli ~ A "first time" Experience

 

I have borrowed many cookbooks from the library, in search for a good "burger sauce" recipe.  In the process, I decided on one recipe to make homemade aioli for the very first time ever.

I used yolks from our ladies (fresh of course), and used garlic that we grew in the garden.

The recipe called for "vegetable oil" but I only had organic canola, olive oil, and a few others.  I decided on canola.

Not calorie free obviously, but homemade and fresh.  Boy it was delicious on burgers we grilled with mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese.  So good!

I'm still on the hunt for a different burger recipe.  We once visited a restaurant (many years ago), that had a sauce they called Mama Mia sauce (house made).  We are still looking for a sauce similar to that taste, but glad I gave the library some business and was motivated to make the garlic aioli.


The cookbook the recipe is from (photo above).  There are many different aioli recipes by the way.  It's basically homemade mayonnaise, with garlic added.  I love recipes, and kitchen appliance/gadget reviews from America's Test Kitchen.  I may have to try more sauce recipes from this cookbook.  

I am very thankful for the library and being able to borrow books.  

Homemade Garlic Aioli ~ A "first time" experience  ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart 

Comments

Oh that sounds good and is right up my alley. Anything garlic! I like it on a deli sandwich as well.
Betsy said…
That sounds delicious. We had the best burgers the other night in Hill City, SD. We rarely eat out but it was dinner time so we went to a little cafe, a Mom & Pop type place. I don't know what they did to those burgers and fries but they were delicious. The fries had a homemade seasoning on them that was apparently a "state secret" because they wouldn't tell me what it was. Ha! Ha!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Debby/From My Shasta Home, yes, and I bet it would be great on a breakfast burrito or wrap too. Yum.
Betsy, those are the best places to find too. We have had the same thing happen while on vacation. Love those kinds of places.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart